[PyKDE] Install problem

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Feb 24 18:51:00 GMT 2003

On 24-Feb-03 Tom Chance wrote:
> Hello,

> I've just downloaded PyKDE, and tried to run the build script,
> but it exited
> with the following error trace:
>
> --------
> tom at tigger PyKDE-3.3.2 $ python build.py
> Building PyKDE 3.3 for Python 2.2.2 on linux2.
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages is the PyKDE installation
> directory.
> /usr/include/python2.2 contains Python.h.
> /usr/bin/sip will be used as the SIP code generator.
> /usr/include/python2.2 contains sipQt.h.
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages contains the SIP module.
> /usr/qt/3 is the Qt base directory.
> /usr/qt/3/include contains qglobal.h.
> Qt 3.1.0 is being used.
> /usr/kde/3.1 is the KDE base directory.
> /usr/kde/3.1/include contains kdeversion.h.

> KDE 3.1.0 is being used.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> /usr/qt/3/bin/qmake will be used to generate Makefiles.
> The qt-mt Qt library was found.
> Qt thread support is enabled.
> Qt and KDE use compatible libs (threading)
> An internal error occured.  Please report all the output from the
> program,
> including the following traceback, to
> phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "build.py", line 1413, in ?
>     main(sys.argv)
>   File "build.py", line 1337, in main
>     installChecks()
>   File "build.py", line 809, in installChecks
>     checkKDELibrary()
>   File "build.py", line 635, in checkKDELibrary
>     ml = modList [str (kdeVersion) [0:2]]
> KeyError: 31
> --------
>
> I've got SIP and PyQT versions 3.5. Would that be the problem?

Nope - the problem is PyKDE support for KDE 3.1 hasn't been
released yet. PyKDE-3.3.2 will work with sip/PyQt 3.5 but won't
work with KDE > 3.0.4. If I get lucky, 3.1 support will be
available in a couple weeks. At the moment it doesn't appear I'm
going to be lucky, so it'll probably be a little longer than that.

It would also be nice if instead of giving you the incomprehensible
error messages above, build.py told you what the problem actually
was, so I'll add that to the todo list for the next release.

Jim