[PyKDE] QDialog multiple inheritance, causes SegFault

Jan Fritz janfritz at gmx.de
Sun Jan 5 14:35:01 GMT 2003

Hi,

a month ago i read in the mailing list from problemes
with the SuSE8.1 system, i got the update and tried
all the things said in list, the examples in the
PyQT package are ok, but with my own program i
got a segmentation fault.

I cut it down to the multiple inheritance in one
QDialog. Later i changed the "Names" class to
a instance in QDialog and all worked well.

What's wrong with the multiple inheritance program
down in the message?

Bye Jan

PS. I don`t use the very new Version in CVS, only
    the updated RPMs from SuSE 8.1.
--

#!/usr/bin/env python
import sys

class Names(object):
   def __init__(self):
      print "xxx11"

class EditNames(QDialog,Names):
   def __init__(self,parent = None,name = None,modal = 0,fl = 0):
      QDialog.__init__(self,parent,name,modal,fl)

if __name__ == '__main__':
   a = QApplication(sys.argv)
   QObject.connect(a,SIGNAL('lastWindowClosed()'),a,SLOT('quit()'))
   w = EditNames()
   a.setMainWidget(w)
   w.show()
   a.exec_loop()