[PyKDE] pykde.sourceforge.net

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Thu Jan 16 17:41:01 GMT 2003

On Thursday 16 January 2003 07:26, Phil Thompson wrote:

> I can offer web space, but there is still the problem that a front end
> needs to be coded up. I have the skills, but not the time.

Jim,

Thanks for the offer.

Is the server running Linux? Would you mind if I used Apache and mod_perl with
a PostgreSQL database to get this done? Would you mind if I was able to have
a normal user account on the system?

I think it is a great idea to have something like this hosted outside of
SourceForge because we can have so much control over it. The only worry is
that if it gets terribly busy, will it impose on your ISP bill? I always like
using SourceForge for bandwidth munching things because the bill ends up in
VA's lap.

Anyway, I have a few people who are willing to do this using PHP on the
SourceForge site, so if there is any reason you would be uncomfortable doing
this, don't be afraid to let me know.

--
Jonathan Gardner
jgardn at alumni.washington.edu