[PyKDE] Problem building PyQt-x11-gpl-snapshot-20030120

Gerard Vermeulen gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Sat Jan 25 10:40:01 GMT 2003

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 12:24:14AM +0100, Laurent Rathle wrote:
> Le Vendredi 24 Janvier 2003 19:31, Phil Thompson a ?crit :
> > Are you also using the latest SIP snapshot?
>
> I've installed it, but now make complains :
>
> In file included from sipqtQCDEStyle.h:31,
>                  from qtcmodule.cpp:42:
> sipqtQMotifStyle.h:52: parse error before `{' token
> sipqtQMotifStyle.h:55: destructors must be member functions
> sipqtQMotifStyle.h:59: non-member function `QVariant property(const char*)'
> cannot have `const' method qualifier
> sipqtQMotifStyle.h:66: non-member function `QPixmap
> stylePixmap(QStyle::StylePixmap, const QWidget*, const QStyleOption&)' cannot
> have `const' method qualifier
> sipqtQMotifStyle.h:67: non-member function `int styleHint(QStyle::StyleHint,
> const QWidget*, const QStyleOption&, QStyleHintReturn*)' cannot have `const'
> method qualifier
> sipqtQMotifStyle.h:68: non-member function `QSize
> sizeFromContents(QStyle::ContentsType, const QWidget*, const QSize&, const
> QStyleOption&)' cannot have `const' method qualifier
> sipqtQMotifStyle.h:69: non-member function `int
> pixelMetric(QStyle::PixelMetric, const QWidget*)' cannot have `const' method
> qualifier
> sipqtQMotifStyle.h:70: non-member function `QStyle::SubControl
> querySubControl(QStyle::ComplexControl, const QWidget*, const QPoint&, const
> QStyleOption&)' cannot have `const' method qualifier
> sipqtQMotifStyle.h:71: non-member function `QRect
> querySubControlMetrics(QStyle::ComplexControl, const QWidget*,
> QStyle::SubControl, const QStyleOption&)' cannot have `const' method
> qualifier
>
> and it's just the beginning. I guess it's because it's a snapshot ?

In general, there are very little problems with Phil's snapshots.

Looking in my 3.5 build I see that line 52 gives:

class SIP_MODULE_EXTERN sipQMotifStyle : public QMotifStyle

Please read README.Linux and check if it applies to your Mandrake distribution.
Does your compiler complain about missing header files? Try to stuff the
-Wall flag in the makefiles.

Gerard