[PyKDE] Mixing Qt-App and PyQt

Andrew Smart Andrew.Smart at smart-knowhow.de
Thu Jul 3 12:48:00 BST 2003

Hi folks,

I'm still stuck with following problem/idea:

I have a Qt-App build C++ application.

I want to execute a Python script within this C++ application
(embedding Python is already done).

I have a Window object which is created within the C++ application.
I want to pass this QWindow object to the Python script as a parameter.

Since PyQt has it own wrapper around the Qt objects I guess I have
to create a PyQt-QWindow object and pass it to the Python script.

The point I'm stuck is that I have no idea how to mix the existing
C++ - QWindow object with the PyQt-Window object. I guess I would
have to fiddle around with the pointers.

Are there some examples around how to pass C++ - Qt-Objects to
the PyQt lib?

Thanks,
Andrew