[PyKDE] Error when loading libqtc for PyQt3.7

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Thu Jul 10 15:02:01 BST 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 01:26:50PM +0200, Fredrik Juhlin wrote:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> > ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so: undefined
> > symbol: metaObject__C9QSGIStyle
> >
> > Do you have any clue on how to overcome this problem?.
> This seems like an old problem that bit me back when I compiled against
> the Debian-distributed Qt. For a possible solution, see README.Linux in
> the PyQt-distribution.

BTW. Talking with Ralph Nolden, we decided that this is a problem with
Troll's building process, and not Debian's, as Debian's packager choose
to build some parts as plugins, but Qt header's do not reflect this.

He was going to tell them, and I suppose they'll pacth it and that
future releases of Qt won't show this bad behaviour.