[PyKDE] Error when loading libqtc for PyQt3.7

Frederick Polgardy Jr polgardy at bodacion.com
Fri Jul 11 18:35:01 BST 2003

Obviously this situation arises, and will continue to arise, every
iteration of SIP/PyQt development, given that PyKDE is a pretty
monstrous project, and presumably Jim has a life outside of PyKDE. :)
The problem is that there is a set of users who want the cutting edge
SIP/PyQt stuff, and another set (in which I place myself) who want to
continue to use the complete SIP/PyQt/PyKDE combo until *everything* is
upgraded.

In the Debian universe, what do you think of the idea of having some
sort of metapackage for each set (or group of metapkgs, taking python
versions, etc. into account)?  Or is it already too complicated? :)
I'd guess once the build architecture is fairly well set up, it's not
too hard to maintain, so I'm happy to help in any way I can.  It would
be worth it to me to not have to deal with the inconsistencies and
PyKDE "interruption of service" everytime SIP is upgraded.

Any other thoughts on this?  I think it's a problem worth solving
somehow.

--
F R E D E R I C K   P O L G A R D Y   J R.
Bodacion Technologies