[PyKDE] Project Management

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sat Jul 12 10:06:01 BST 2003

On Saturday 12 July 2003 1:17 am, Jonathan Gardner wrote:

> I guess what I really would like to see is sip, PyQt, and PyKDE become more
> independent of each other. sip, PyQt, and PyKDE are like conjoined
> triplets.

This is happening - in fact it's the cause of the changes in SIP between 3.5
and 3.6. What I'm doing is...

- developing SIP v4, but will continue to maintain SIP v3

- SIP v3 and v4 will be sufficiently compatible that one version of PyQt will
work with both

- a consequence is that changes are made to SIP v3 only to maintain
compatibility with SIP v4.

When SIP v4 is released (no, I'm not saying when), the version number of PyQt
will be unrelated to the version numbers of either SIP v3 or v4.

Another point to make is I'm very happy with v3.7. I expect 3.8 when Qt v3.2.0
is released but, other than that, I don't anticipate more significant changes
over the next few months.