[PyKDE] Building PyKDE...

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Jul 14 01:04:00 BST 2003

On Sunday July 13 2003 09:36, Jan Mazur wrote:

> JB> Without knowing the versions of sip, PyQt and PyKDE you're
> using JB> it's hard to say what the problem is. My guess is
> that you have JB> PyKDE-3.5 and a 3.6 or 3.7 version of PyQt
> and sip. PyKDE won't JB> build with those yet. I'm hoping to
> have a compatible PyKDE JB> version soon - I'll probably start
> on it tomorrow.

> Thanks a lot. You're right. I have sip and PyQt 3.7. I'll try
> to build versions 3.5. Do I have to uninstall the 3.7 verison?
> If so please tell me what should I do before compiling the 3.5
> - I'm a newbie.

If you want to go back to 3.5, uninstalling probably isn't
necessary, but wouldn't hurt.

I'd suggest instead that you wait a few days - I'm still shooting
for having a sip 3.6/3.7 compatible release candidate by the end
of next week. It'll be an RC release only because there are some
pending patches and bug fixes that won't be in the first
release. I hope to pick thpse up soon after.

Jim