[PyKDE] newbie question about dealing with Images in pyQt

Adam Shimali ashimali at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 18:36:01 BST 2003

Hello,
This is not a so much a pyKDE question as pyQt.

I've been having a look at some of the Qt docs, to try
and decide how to do the following; my app reads a
number of image file names from a database (I store
the path to the image not binary data). Armed with a
list of filenames i'd like to iterate through the
list, read the images and place each image into a grid
which I'd then place in a frame or panel and show.

I assume I need to create a QImage object from each
image file name. Can I then place each image in a
QGridLayout or do I need to put the image on a panel
and then stick each panel into the grid?

Also would it make sense to place the grid directly
into a QFrame?

Apologies if this all seems a bit clueless. Any tips
greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Adam Shimali