[PyKDE] RenderBadPicture & Segfault

Henry Kleynhans henry at obsidian.co.za
Wed Jun 11 13:11:01 BST 2003

Hi All,

I have encountered a problem on the following platform:

Redhat 9.0
Qt 3.1.1
PyQT 3.5

- The app runs fullscreen and displays a widget tree. The desktop also has a
background pixmap.
- I then remove the widget and puts another in it's place.  I remove the
widget (parent to the tree) as follows:
		myparent.removeChild(mychild)
		del mychild
Then I display the new widget tree.

At this stage I get a lot of X errors:
X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 181
  Major opcode:  156
  Minor opcode:  7
  Resource id:  0x2800054
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  4
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x280002e

etc...

- If I switch to a different application and then switch back, I get a
segfault.  I can't seem to find a logical explanation for this.

Can anyone please tell me how to go about tracing these errors or what to look
for?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Henry