[PyKDE] Distributing PyKDE programs => ./configure

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Sun Jun 22 22:43:00 BST 2003

Hi all,

Anyone have any experiance with distributing PyKDE programs? I thinking mostly
about installation of things like images/icons and extra datafiles that the
program might use, and that need to be installed under the KDE installation
dir tree. C++ stuff uses "configure, make, make install", does anything
equivalent exist for Python KDE programs?

I'm aware of distutils, but it doesn't really cover KDE stuff. I could use
distutils but I think that I would have to extend it a fair bit and at the
same time not use much of its default functionality.

Time to write another python script perhaps...

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/