[PyKDE] Embedding Python in C++ Qt App

Andrew Smart Andrew.Smart at smart-knowhow.de
Tue Jun 24 12:55:01 BST 2003

Hi folks,

I have a Qt C++ applikation, which I would like to extend with
Python. Means: I would like to embed the Python interpreter into
the C++ application, and interact in Python script with the Qt
application.

The easy embedding part is already done: I can start Python
scripts from within the Qt application.

Now I would like to give the Python scripts some handles
(like QApplication, QWindow) as parameters, so that the
Python script is able to do something with it.

And here I'm wondering how, since PyQt is itself a wrapper
around Qt. If anyone could give me an hint where to start
I would very grateful :-))

I speculate that I have to create a PyQt-QApplication object
in the module name space of the script, and put a pointer
of the real Qt-QApplication object into it... wondering...

Andrew