[PyKDE] PyKDE and PyQt 3.6 (sip 3.6)

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Jun 25 17:17:00 BST 2003

On Wednesday June 25 2003 05:43, Mateusz Korniak wrote:
> Is there any available version 3.6 of PyKDE  ?
> I have many build problems with building PyKDE 3.5 with
> PyQt/sip 3.6. :( TIA

PyKDE for sip 3.5 won't build with sip 3.6, primarily because
between sip 3.5 and 3.6 there are changes to argument lists for
some sip function calls and PyKDE hasn't been updated.

I responded to an earlier inquiry about PyKDE status, but
unfortunately failed to copy the list on that msg (KMail doesn't
add the list addr to the To: field automatically). There is
something like 50 to 100 hours of work needed to update PyKDE to
sip 3.6 and KDE 3.1.2, including testing/debugging/packaging
etc. While I give PyKDE a high priority, there are other things
(like making a living) that have slightly higher priority, and I
haven't been able to make the necessary time available for
PyKDE. The situation being what it is, at present I don't feel
like I can even estimate a release date. The best I can say is
that I'll do a release as soon as possible.

Jim