[PyKDE] Distributing PyKDE programs => ./configure

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Sun Jun 29 00:46:03 BST 2003

On Monday 23 June 2003 08:35, Gerard Vermeulen wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:40:57 +0200
> I admit that there is a learning curve before you can specialize distutils
> for special needs,

> If your only problem is to place images/icons/datafiles in specialized
> directories: this is very easy with distutils (I use it to put my docs in
> /usr/share/doc/PyQwt-x.x). In fact the default install-data command lets
> you install stuff anywhere on your system without any hacking.

Thanks for the advice. I've been working on a Distutils based solution. I've
now figured out subclasses to:

* Check for a working PyQt and PyKDE install.
* Check Qt and KDE versions.
* Install kde specific data (ok it's a new install_data command that uses
KDE's install prefix by default. Detects if needed).
* An uninstall command.

If anyone wants a copy let me know (under GPL). The code is basically all
there, but it probably should catch more exceptions etc, be fully tested...

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/