[PyKDE] Printing (General)

Greg Fortune lists at gregfortune.com
Tue Mar 11 06:56:00 GMT 2003

<snip>
> Have you looked at QPrinter? I haven't actually used it that I can
> recall, but you should be able to lay out reports in QtDesigner and
> print them at higher dpi - at least that's what I get from
> reading the QPrinter docs.

Haven't tried working with QPrinter through Designer...  Take a look at the
helpviewer example included with qt to get an idea for how to use it with
QRichText.

http://www.reportlab.com

> should turn it up pretty quickly. I wouldn't necessarily call it
> 'easy' though.

I ended up using this on the last app I worked on and I must agree.  It's not
terribly easy to use, but it does work well.  My biggest complaint is that it
generates PDF files and I wanted to print stuff from inside my app rather
than just saving a PDF file to be printed later.  I had some nasty
os.system() stuff on the Linux side, but never figured out anything useful on
the Windows side.  I may have just missed something though...

I do have a little code (circa 2.5 years ago) that works with the current
version of reportlab that you're free to dig through.

Greg