[PyKDE] Python based GIS application

Ramsey, Ken Mr EOIR ken.ramsey at nvl.army.mil
Thu Mar 20 17:18:00 GMT 2003

Check out OpenEV (http://openev.sourceforge.net/) if you haven't already. It
uses gtk+, and it incorporates GDAL, PROJ.4 and shapelib all with python
bindings. It's a successful application.

I see no reason why you can't do similar kind of work with PyQt instead of
gtk+. In fact, I believe PyQt would be better since it's python binding is
much better than gtk+.

Ken Ramsey
eoir technologies
(703) 704 - 3459