[PyKDE] Problem with dialogues

Tom Chance tomchance at gmx.net
Sat Mar 29 16:49:00 GMT 2003

Hullo,

I've been rewriting an app of mine, and I've run into trouble with opening
dialogues. Previously I made a full new class for a dialogue, and then
created a class instance within the main window class, and then put all the
functions for the dialogue into it's own class.

Now I'm trying to avoid having a whole new class for the dialogue, simply
working with it from within the main window class. So I've got something like
this:

class MainWindow(inheriting a Qtdesigner-made class):
	blah-blah
   def int_startRipping(self):
	self.Dialogue = progressDialogue()  <--- another Qtdesigner-made class
	self.Dialogue.__init__(None, None, 0, 0)
	blah blah

But this gives the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./dvd.py", line 140, in ripDVD
    self.int_startRipping()
  File "./gui.py", line 130, in int_startRipping
    self.Dialogue.__init__(None, None, 0, 0)
  File "guiprogressdialogue.py", line 14, in __init__
    QDialog.__init__(self,parent,name,modal,fl)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qt.py", line 69, in __init__
    libqtc.sipCallCtor(199,self,args)
TypeError: Cannot sub-class from more than one wrapped class
Segmentation fault

What does this mean? I'm guessing something to do with class inheritance, but
I can't figure it out, so any attempts to fix it are just stabs in the dark.
I'd prefer to keep the code structure as it is, without another class, but is
this possible?

Tom