AW: [PyKDE] Version wondering

Ulrich Berning ulrich.berning at t-online.de
Sun May 18 22:56:00 BST 2003

Andrew Smart wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I deinstalled all packages, removed them from the hard disk and
>started again.
>
>Base: Qt 2.3 non commercial on Windows
>
>Qt 2.3 runs fine after installation.
>I start installing PyQt. PyQt needs the "zlib.h" which is not
>included in Qt 2.3. But I have them, because I acquired zlib separatly.
>-> Compilation runs fine now.
>-> Test failes, since the Makefile doesn't copy the created
>   Python files in "site-packages" (no, nmake install doesn't work)
>=> after copying the files manually
>-> Test of PyQt : runs fine (I tried some examples)
>
>Now to qscitella (official download):
>If have no "qmake" like the README says, only tmake. But it works,
>and when I start to use "nmake" I get the message that there is a
>header file missing: "qptrlist.h"
>
>Which is nowhere to be found. Since I find some discussions
>about "QList" and "QPtrList" in the KDE mailing lists I guess:
>is must have something to do with name changes. But I have
>no idea how to solve it.
>
>But! I have also the sources of "scitella". I try building scitella.
>No problem, the dlls are on the right place.
>But still no "qptrlist.h".
>
>Don't know further from this point. Last time I tried Qt 3.1.2
>which is obiously not the right way mixing sources from 3.1.2 with
>sources from 2.3.
>
>Can anyone help out? Please :-)
>
>Andrew

-----
 From qscintilla-1.52-win-commercial-1.0/README:

QScintilla is a port or Scintilla to the Qt GUI toolkit from Trolltech
and runs
on any operating system supported by Qt (eg. Windows, UNIX/Linux,
MacOS/X).  *Qt
v3 or later is required.*
-----
 From the download
page http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/qscintilla/download.php :

* QScintilla supports all versions of Qt since v3.0*. Note that we only
test against the latest version of Qt. However, we would like to hear of
any problems found with other versions.
-----

So I wouldn't try to build it with Qt-2.3

Ciao,
Ulli