[PyKDE] QTabWidget: Unbound symbols -> AttributeError?

Anthony Bellissimo twon at cs.umass.edu
Tue May 20 00:23:01 BST 2003

I searched the archives for this problem, but didn't find anything that
was ever resolved (though a few people mentioned it). This code is
sufficient to demonstrate the problem:

----
from qt import *
qa = QApplication([])
tw = QTabWidget()
qw = QWidget()
tw.addTab(qw,"blah")
# This line fails, sometimes.
print "How many tabs? %d tab(s)"%tw.count()
----

Under normal circumstances, this gives 1. However, with the most recent
version of Qt and PyQt on both Windows and the Sharp Zaurus, it dies
with an AttributeError, suggesting that some of the bindings aren't
working quite right. I noticed it with some other functions as well,
such as (int)indexOf(QWidget) and (QWidget)page(int). Is there some way
around this, even if the solution is to roll back to an earlier version
of one of the libraries involved? It's frustrating that this stuff
works fine on the Gentoo install on my desktop but not on either of the
other two platforms.

Thanks,
-- Anthony Bellissimo (twon at cs.umass.edu)