[PyKDE] audio widget or noatun bindings?

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue May 20 20:12:00 BST 2003

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 09:29, Kasper Souren wrote:
> I'm looking for a widget that can play audio files (and
> possibly Numeric arrays).

> If this doesn't exist a way to control noatun could also be
> interesting.

You can look at KAudioPlayer (in PyKDE - kdecore) or QSound in
PyQt. Neither does very much, but they can play some types of
audio files.

I've only looked at noatun briefly and quite a long time ago, but
it didn't look very easy to interface to. You might look instead
at something like xmms which supports a plug-in architecture.
I'm also not sure what libs support audio via Python, but I
would think there's some support available there too.

Jim