[PyKDE] pyqt development snapshot built on windows

Maxwell Sayles maxwellsayles at hotmail.com
Mon May 26 19:15:00 BST 2003

Hi,
	I'm tyring to build the PyQt development snapshot 20030523 on windows, but
the first step 'python build.py' fails with an error 'sip: HANDLE is
undefined' when trying to generate the C++ source for the qt module.

I have installed the non-commercial version of Qt2.3.0, along with the
non-commercial version of SIP3.6 and MSVC++6.0.  SIP installs mostly without
a hitch.  There is no problem with the 'python build.py' step, nor with the
'nmake' step, but 'nmake install' does nothing.  I need to specifically
change to the directories sipgen and siplib and run 'nmake install' do copy
over the sip header files.  otherwise SIP installs without any problem.

I have installed both of these under Slackware linux 9.0 and there was no
problem with either of them.  If anyone could help explain to me how to
build the development snapshot of PyQt for windows that would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.