[PyKDE] [Fwd: Installing Python-KDE Bindings]

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed May 28 17:35:01 BST 2003

On Wednesday May 28 2003 06:03, Thorsten Horstmann wrote:

> I am trying to set up PyKDE on my Mandrake 9.1.

> I managed to install sip and PyQt using src.rpm, but I still
> have some questions: - Which version is considered as more
> stable for Mdk9.1: PyQt 3.5 or 3.6?

Either should work. PyKDE only works with sip/PyQt 3.5 at the
moment. If you don't have a specific requirement for PyKDE, I'd
recommend going with 3.6 and waiting for a compatible PyKDE
release.

> When compiling PyQt, the
> QtGL extension was not generated because I don't have any
> glu.h on my system (I have nVidia GeForce => no Mesa GL
> needed). Is it a problem? Is there a solution?
> - When compiling PyQt, the QScintilla was not generated
> because the one I previously installed seems to be
> incompatible. Which version of QScintilla is needed?

Phil and/or Detlev will have to answer these for you.

> - With semi-working PyQt config, I tried to setup PyKDE but
> the compilation failed. Which version of PyKDE is required in
> my case (KDE 3.1) ?

Assuming you have Qt>= 3.0 installed (which would be the case for
Mandrake 9.1 by default), any version of KDE up to and including
3.1.1 should work.

Support for sip/PyQt 3.6 and KDE 3.1.2 are in the works, but it
isn't possible to estimate a release date at the moment.

Jim