[PyKDE] Re: pyKDE error

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Nov 3 19:09:01 GMT 2003

On Sunday November 2 2003 14:05, Hannes Hauswedell wrote:
> hi
> i had problems creating pyKDE on my system and output told me
> to email this to you. i am using suse 9.0 and since there seem
> to be no precompiled pyKDE rpms for this release and the suse
> 8.2 ones are causing problems i would be really grateful if
> someone could figure this out.
> thanks and greetings
> hannes hauswedell

<snipped everything that looked good>

> Creating top level Makefile.

This is definitely weird.

I think the following is coming from qmake - build.py doesn't use
anything from Qt/PyQt:

> QDir::currentDirPath: stat(".") failed
> QDir::currentDirPath: stat(".") failed
> QDir::currentDirPath: stat(".") failed
> Cannot find directory:
> Error processing project file: /PyKDE.pro
> An internal error occured.  Please report all the output from
> the program, including the following traceback, to
> <jbublitz at nwinternet.com> and CC the PyKDE mailing list:
> <pykde at mats.imk.fraunhofer.de>. Thanks.

This traceback seems to leftover from the indicated stmt in line
1431 which is in a try-except block - it really can't be the
point of failure  or build.py would have quit much earlier.

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "build.py", line 1616, in ?
>     main(sys.argv)
>   File "build.py", line 1595, in main
>     buildMakefile("PyKDE.pro")
>   File "build.py", line 1250, in buildMakefile
>     runProgram(makefileGen,['-o', 'Makefile', pro],1,wd)
>   File "build.py", line 1431, in main
>     nrcpu = int(os.environ["SMP"])
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/UserDict.py", line 19, in
> __getitem__ def __getitem__(self, key): return self.data[key]
> KeyError: 'SMP'
> linux:/mnt/hdb2_setup/Linux_Packages/PyKDE-3.7-4 #

First, look in the top level directory for PyKDE and see if the
PyKDE.pro file exists. If it doesn't, that would be the problem
(build.py should create it). If you don't have it, you can create
it. Be sure the user running build.py has write access to the
top level directory - build.py needs to create PyKDE.pro and
Makefile there.

This is all PyKDE.pro consists of:
--------------

TEMPLATE = subdirs
SUBDIRS = dcop kdecore kdesu kdefx kdeui kio kfile kparts khtml\
     kjs kspell kdeprint

--------------
(SUBDIRS can be all on one line)

Then run:

    qmake -o Makefile PyKDE.pro

from the top level directory (you may need to specify the path to
qmake - should be something like /usr/lib/qt3/bin/qmake for
SuSE).

At that point (after creating Makefile/no errors) you should be
able to run "make" and "make install", because build.py ran far
enough to do everything else necessary.

If the above doesn't work, then there's likely a problem with the
qmake installation or the template files qmake uses.

Let me know how that turns out (esp if PyKDE.pro wasn't created
automatically).

Jim