[PyKDE] Re: pyKDE error

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Nov 6 01:22:01 GMT 2003

On Wednesday November 5 2003 15:36, Hannes Hauswedell wrote:

> > 	g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libpykpanelapplet.so.1 -o
> > libpykpanelapplet.so.1.0.0 pykpanelapplet.o
> > moc_pykpanelapplet.o -L/usr/lib/ -L/usr/lib/qt3/lib/ -L/
> > usr/X11R6/lib/ -L../libs -L ../libs

> > ==>> /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages /opt/ kde3/lib -lsip

> > -lkdeuicmodule -lpythonize -lkdeui -lkdecore -lqt-mt -lXext
> > -lX11 -lm -lpthread /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages: file
> > not recognized: Is a directory collect2: ld returned 1 exit
> > status
> > 	make[1]: *** [../libs/libpykpanelapplet.so.1.0.0] Error 1
> > 	make[1]: Leaving directory
> > `/mnt/hdb2_setup/Linux_Packages/PyKDE-3.8rc2/
> > pykpanelapplet'
> > 	make: *** [sub-pykpanelapplet] Error 2
> > 	linux:~/Desktop/Arbeitsplatz/Setup/Linux_Packages/PyKDE-3.8
> >rc2 #
> >
> > the site-package dir could be the problem from what i cn
> > understand from the output. i also have a
> > /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages dir(which is the only thing
> > i have from python 2.2). it contains different files than
> > the 2.3 one. maybe it wants those (ok... i am starting wild
> > asumptions..., but why would suse ship an old python dir?)
> > anways thanks for all your help
> > hannes hauswedell

The line marked above should read:
-L /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages

(not sure how that happened, but I'll check it out in the current
release)

You should be able to edit that line in  pykpanelapplet/Makefile,
and this time DON'T run build.py, just run 'make' (should save
you a half hour of build/compile at least).

Alternatively, if you're not interested in panel applets, you can
just ignore it and run (as root this time) 'make install'. It
will fail at the end (and probably try to re-link
libpykpanelapplet), but everything else should work.

Either way, a quick test to make sure it installed correctly is
to run (still in the PyKDE to-level directory):

    python importTest.py

If that can import all of the PyKDE modules (which is all it
tests) the odds are good that everything should work.

Jim