[PyKDE] Re: Error compiling pykde in Gentoo

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Nov 10 03:05:47 GMT 2003

On Sunday November 9 2003 15:58, Bruno A. Crespo wrote:
> Well, in the error message you ask about the error trace, here
> it is.... I hope you can fix it.

It's a big help to get all the output - I snipped everything that
looks OK.

> Generating the C++ source for the dcop module.
> sip: /usr/share/sip/qt/versions.sip:28: Exactly one of this
> %Timeline must be specified with the -t flag

In "generateSource" in build.py, uncomment the following line:

#    print qttag, kdetag

and see what the value of qttag is - should Qt_3_2_0. If you look
in /usr/share/sip/qt/versions.sip, the %Timeline statement won't
have a Qt_3_2_0 value - that's what the error msg is saying -
because PyQt 3.7 predates Qt 3.2.0 and may not be compatible
(adding Qt_3_2_0 to the %Timeline stmt would probably be a bad
idea). PyKDE 3.7-4 actually came out after Qt 3.2.0 and works
with PyQt 3.8.

The "correct" solution would be to upgrade to sip/PyQt/PyKDE 3.8.

You could try forcing qttag. A few lines before the print stmt
mentioned above, add the following line:

    qttag = "Qt_3_1_2"	# add this

    # before this:
    argv = ["-t", plattag,
            "-t", qttag,
            "-t", kdetag,
            "-z", "features",
            "-I", "sip",
            "-I", pyQtSipDir,
            "-m", mname + "/" + pro,
            "-c", mname,
            fullmname]

I'm reasonably sure that'll work and not cause problems (but I'm
not positive about that). What I'd wonder is how you got PyQt
3.7 to build and install with Qt 3.2.2?

Jim