[PyKDE] Internal error in python.py PyKDE 3.8.0 over python2.3

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Nov 11 20:00:01 GMT 2003

On Tuesday November 11 2003 05:50, Mateusz Korniak wrote:

> + python build.py -q /usr -k /usr -i /usr/include/qt -d

> Qt3 parent directory is /usr
> Qt3 lib directory (libqt-mt.so.3) is /usr/lib

>   File "build/discover.py", line 58, in search
>     if os.path.isdir (searchEntry)\
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/posixpath.py", line 187, in isdir

> TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, list
> found error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.79652
> (%build)

> Any ideas ?

It's failing while trying to find /usr/include/qt from your -i
above  (assuming build.py read the option correctly too).
I'm not sure if the "TypeError" is meaningful or not.

Could you try this? In PyKDE-3.8.0/build/discover.py, add the
print stmt as shown  before line 58:

        if not searchEntry:
            return

	print searchEntry
        if os.path.isdir (searchEntry)\

and let me know what prints out there?

The call to this code is originating in the "discoverQt" method
if you need or want to inverstigate further. The cause of the
error should be somewhere in that region.

Thanks,

Jim