[PyKDE] Qt data structure support

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Mon Nov 17 22:00:01 GMT 2003

Eron Lloyd wrote:

> Moving from Python to assembler would be an effort of insanity ;-). I guess I
> was simply thinking of the large number of overlap between Qt and Python, for
> areas such as container types, network sockets, threads, XML, datetime, etc.
> and wondering whether it was better to go one way or the other. I wonder if

Since Python is the language in which you're implementing your
application, to me it makes sense to use the facilities provided by the
language and its builtin libraries before using a third-party library
such as Qt. The exception being where the use of some non-overlapping Qt
classes (e.g. the GUI stuff) requires the use of overlapping Qt classes
(QThread I believe might be one).

I personally find the Python data structures far easier to use than any
C++ based structures.

Ciao,
Gordon