[PyKDE] PyQt snapshot-20031115 installation problem

michael ferraro michael at possibleworlds.com
Wed Nov 19 23:31:01 GMT 2003

I have just download:
	sip-mac-gpl-snapshot-20031116
	PyQt-mac-gpl-snapshot-20031115

in order to update from:
	sip-mac-gpl-4.0pre3
	PyQt-mac-gpl-snapshot-20031027

on a Dual G4 (1.42 Mhz) running Panther (10.3.1)
with qt-mac-free-3.2.2

the build and install of sip when along without a problem
but I got stopped when I started the build of PyQt with
this error

[Wheezer:/Developer/PyQt-mac-gpl-snapshot-20031115] mef% sudo python
build.py
Password:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "build.py", line 44, in ?
     config = sipconfig.SIPConfig("PyQt snapshot-20031115")
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SIPConfig'

I was upgrading because I ran into a problem with my current snapshot
where the resize method of a subclass of QMainWindow no longer
took two ints and when I tried to pass it a QSize (w, h) it also
complained
that it took only one argument

here is the error generated by the call to resize.

[Wheezer:~/Development/Applications/-Teatro-] mef% Main.py
Qt: QApplication: Warning argv[0] == 'Main.py' is relative.
In order to dispatch events correctly Mac OS X may require applications
to be run with the *full* path to the executable.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "Main.py", line 57, in ?
     main()
   File "Main.py", line 22, in main
     app.Run()
   File "Main.py", line 49, in Run
     self.controller.Init (w=640, h=480+64)
   File "/Users/mef/Development/Applications/-Teatro-/Controller.py",
line 47, in Init
     self.SetupWindows()
   File "/Users/mef/Development/Applications/-Teatro-/Controller.py",
line 75, in SetupWindows
     self.DefaultPosition()
   File "/Users/mef/Development/Applications/-Teatro-/Controller.py",
line 178, in DefaultPosition
     self.resize (self.defw, self.defh)
TypeError: too many arguments to QWidget.resize(), 1 at most expected
Python/pystate.c:423: failed assertion `autoInterpreterState'
Abort