[PyKDE] Error building PyKDE 3.8

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Nov 21 05:10:01 GMT 2003

On Thursday November 20 2003 16:08, Laurent Rathle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have Mdk92 with :
>
> PyQt-3.8-1mdk
> PyQt-devel-3.8-1mdk
> libsip10-devel-3.8-3mdk
> libsip10-3.8-3mdk
>
> and I get the error while trying to run "python build.py -v
> /usr/share/sip/qt"
>
> *** Error: PyQt sip files directory -- not found
>  (['/usr/share/sip/qt'], PyQt-x11-gpl-3.8/sip/qtmod.sip)
>
> I have all .sip files in /usr/share/sip/qt.

Here's PyKDE-3.8.0/build/discover.py as shipped, starting at line
613:

def discoverPyQt (self, opts):
        """
        -v dir         the directory containing the PyQt sip
        files
        """
        self.pyQtLib = DiscoverPyQtLib ("libqtcmodule*",\
                             [self.sipLib.path])

        if opts.has_key ("-v"):
            pyQtSipPath = [opts ["-v"]]
        else:
            pyQtSipPath = ["../", "/usr/local/",\
                                 "/usr/local/src/", "/usr/src/",\
                                 "/usr/share/sip",\
                                 "/usr/local/share/sip",\
                                 "/usr/share/sip/qt"]
        self.pyQtSip = DiscoverPyQtSip (os.path.join \
                             ("PyQt-x11-gpl-" +
                               self.pyQtLib.vers, "sip",\
                               "qtmod.sip"), pyQtSipPath)
        print

change it to:

def discoverPyQt (self, opts):
        """
        -v dir         the directory containing the PyQt sip
        files
        """
        self.pyQtLib = DiscoverPyQtLib ("libqtcmodule*",\
                             [self.sipLib.path])

        if opts.has_key ("-v"):
            pyQtSipPath = [opts ["-v"]]
	    # add this line:
	    self.pyQtSip = DiscoverPyQtSip ("qtmod.sip", pyQtSipPath)

        else:
            pyQtSipPath = ["../", "/usr/local/",\
                                 "/usr/local/src/", "/usr/src/",\
                                 "/usr/share/sip",\
                                 "/usr/local/share/sip",\
                                 "/usr/share/sip/qt"]
	    # indent the following line so it's part of the 'else'
            self.pyQtSip = DiscoverPyQtSip (os.path.join \
                             ("PyQt-x11-gpl-" +
                               self.pyQtLib.vers, "sip",\
                               "qtmod.sip"), pyQtSipPath)
        print

You'll still need to use '-v', but this should make it work.  the
logic for computing the search paths is pretty screwed up at the
moment. Notice it should find your path automatically (without
-v), but it mungs the name by adding 'PyQt-x11-gpl-3.8.1/sip' to
it, which is also incorrect for some of the other candidate
paths.

I just installed Mdk 9.2 the other night (I still need to get it
to NFS export) and I'm in the process of installing SuSE 9.0.
When I get those both working, I'll apply all the necessary
fixes, test them, and then put out a new release.

Jim