[PyKDE] XML support

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 23:52:01 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 9:51 pm, Eron Lloyd wrote:
> On Tuesday November 25 2003 1:15 pm, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > On Tuesday 25 November 2003 2:15 am, Eron Lloyd wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > Is anyone doing anything major with the qtxml package? Is XML support
> > > in PyQt experimental? Perhaps I would be better to rely on another
> > > package for now...I also see the none of the SAX stuff is wrapped or
> > > exposed. If qtxml was good enough, it'd be one less package I'd need to
> > > add to my project.
> >
> > There's nothing experimental about qtxml - it's no different to any of
> > the other modules.
> >
> > The SAX stuff isn't wrapped simply because nobody has asked for it.
> >
> > Personally, I use PyXML - and the Jones & Drake book.
>
> Ah, I see. The more I learn, I guess PyQt isn't as automated a wrapping as
> I had originally imagined. I thought that just about every class was
> available.

Those that have been implemented are documented as such.

> Reading deeper into the code, I notice things like Qt Properties
> aren't available directly. I assume once SIP 4 solidifies this will become
> easier?

I've no plan to implement properties as I don't see them adding anything
particularly useful.

> As far as SAX support goes, it might be convenient to have, or at
> least mention the exclusion in the docs.

The fatc that they are not documented means they are not implemented.

> Looking at the huge(!) map of
> classes in the Qt doc, I must imagine providing all that functionality is
> quite a task. Is there anything not implemented that hasn't been because no
> one requested?

The SAX stuff is probably the biggest group of classes that hasn't been
implemented but could be done easily.