[PyKDE] doubleClicked signal in QIconView

Karsten Künne kuenne at rentec.com
Sat Nov 29 05:40:01 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have the following problem and I can't figure out how to solve it. I try to
create a QIconView and I want to receive the doubleClicked() signal and check
which icon was clicked but I always get an error if I try to connect it.
Following is the program snippet:

class myview(QIconView):
    def __init__(self,parent = None,name = None,fl = 0):
        QIconView.__init__(self,parent,name,fl)
        QIconViewItem(self,"Icon 1",QPixmap("ok.png"))
        self.connect(self,SIGNAL("doubleClicked(QIconViewItem)"),self.myfun)

    def myfun(self,item):
        print item

If I try to run it I get the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "testing.py", line 18, in ?
    w = myview()
  File "testing.py", line 10, in __init__
    self.connect(self,SIGNAL("doubleClicked(QIconViewItem)"),self.myfun)
RuntimeError: Signal has wrong argument types for slot

Now, how can I create a slot which has the right argument types for the
signal? I'm relatively new to python so please forgive me if this is obvious.
I can successfully connect signals which don't send any arguments but all
signals which send a QIconViewItem don't work. This is on SuSE 9.0 with PyQt
3.8.

--
Karsten.

'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition'
    -Monty Python