[PyKDE] PyQT and QPE/Zaurus coding tips

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Fri Oct 17 03:06:01 BST 2003

On Friday 17 October 2003 02:19, Paul Evans wrote:
> On October 16, 2003 05:39 am, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> > Firstly, how can I associate an icon with my Widget/App, such that the
> > icon will appear in the Qtopia/Opie task-bar?
>
> from qtpe import QPEApplication
> then use QPEApplication throughout instead of QApplication

Hmmm. I saw that on the dev board as well. I'm already doing that, but still
no luck. I also tried their suggestion to use  QPEApplication(sys.argv[1:]) -
again, no luck.

I'm writing the app such that it'll work with or without qtpe. Here's the
rough framework I'm using. Any hints/tips would be good; I hadn't touched
Python or Qt at all before this week. ^_^

from qt import *
try:
   from qtpe import QPEApplication
   onzaurus = 1
except ImportError:
   onzaurus = 0

# Dialog to hold our Widget app if not qtpe...
class MainDlg(QDialog):
    def __init__(self,parent = None,name = None,modal = 0,fl = 0):
        QDialog.__init__(self,parent,name,modal,fl)
        if not name:
            self.setName("MainDlg")
        self.mainLayout = QVBoxLayout(self,0,0,"MainDlgLayout")

if __name__ == '__main__':
   if onzaurus:
      app = QPEApplication(sys.argv[1:])
      win = MainWid()  # The main application widget
      apwid = win
      app.showMainWidget(win)
   else:
      app = QApplication(sys.argv)
      win = MainDlg()
      apwid = MainWid(parent=win)
      win.mainLayout.addWidget(apwid)
      apwid.show()
      app.setMainWidget(win)
      win.show()
      QObject.connect(app, SIGNAL('lastWindowClosed()'), app, SLOT('quit()'))

# Gui Loop
   app.exec_loop()

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |