[review] [PyKDE] Removing tabs from QTabWidget

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Fri Oct 17 07:00:00 BST 2003

On Friday 17 October 2003 01:12, you wrote:
> On Wednesday October 15 2003 23:21, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> >
> > At the moment I'm setting the current page to 0, and then
> > while there's a current page, calling removePage. I've read,
> > though, that this just hides the page, and doesn't deallocate
> > it in memory. Is this an issue in the python implementation?
>
> Wouldn't it be easier just to destroy the entire QTabWidget and
> recreate it? I'm not sure if you'd still need to delete the page
> objects manually - I'm guessing you'd have to, but haven't tried
> it.

I've considered that, and may well do so. It's just neater if I can just redo
the tabs themselves, since the overall properties of the tab set remain the
same.

BTW: How DO you destroy a widget? (Still very new to this... ^_^)

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |