[PyKDE] ANN: SIP v4.0pre1 Released

Rune Hansen rune.hansen at viventus.no
Sat Oct 18 00:48:00 BST 2003

On lørdag, okt 18, 2003, at 00:07 Europe/Oslo, Phil Thompson wrote:

> On Friday 17 October 2003 10:12 pm, Willard Myers wrote:
>> On Oct 17, 2003, at 16:49, Rune Hansen wrote:
>>> $PYTHON/site-packages has these qt files:
>>> qt.dylib
>>> qtgl.dylib
>>> qtsql.dylib
>>> qtui.dylib
>>> qtcanvas.dylib
>>> qtnetwork.dylib
>>> qttable.dylib
>>> qtxml.dylib
>>> ...and nothing else...
>>>
>>> Can't help but think I've made an error....some where :-)
>>
>> That's most of the way there, you are missing qt.py, etc. Did you run
>> the install step?
>
> No - it looks right to me. SIP v4 doesn't generate any .py files.
>
> Have you actually tried to import a module. If the canvas.py example
> works
> then everything is probably Ok.

canvas.py from examples3/canvas :

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "canvas.py", line 4, in ?
     from qt import *
ImportError: No module named qt

> Does Python on the Mac use a different file extension for compiled
> modules?
> (Like the Windows version uses .pyd?)

uhm..I'm not especialy famillilar with the .pyd concept. Python file
extensions on the Mac is .py, .pyc and .pyo as far as I know.

I had, kind of, expected these files: "qtcanvas.py, qtext.py, qtgl.py,
qtnetwork.py, qt.py, qtsql.py, qttable.py, qtui.py and qtxml.py" to be
present in my site-packages catalog after the PyQt install...but
they're not.

> Phil

regards
/rune