[PyKDE] PyQt on OS X?

Ben Mitchell ben at mitchellfamily.com
Wed Oct 22 08:04:01 BST 2003

Hello,

I noticed today that a version of SIP has been released that supports
MacOS X, and so I thought I'd try to see if I could get SIP, QT, PyQt,
and QScintilla all built and installed on my Mac in the hope that I
could run the eric3 Python IDE.

I succeeded in some areas, but have run into a problem.

I've got the GPL QT 3.2.2 built and installed
I've got SIP 4.0pre2 built and installed
I've got QScintilla built and installed
	- This required the first departure from "default" configurations.  I
had to remove "thread" from the CONFIG line of qscintilla.pro

PyQt is giving me trouble.
I downloaded:  PyQt-x11-gpl-3.8.1  (this seemed the most rational
choice)

When I run build.py, it rolls merrily along for about 3 minutes, and
then crashes with the following error:

******
Generating the C++ source for the qt module.
******
sip: sip/qpixmap.sip:83: parse error
******
Error: /usr/local/bin/sip failed with an exit code of 1.
******

Line 82 of qpixmap.sip simply says:

%MemberCode

Anyone have any thoughts?