[PyKDE] Re: newest Version

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Oct 30 00:06:01 GMT 2003

On Wednesday October 29 2003 13:02, Roland Schulz wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 October 2003 21:43, you wrote:
> > On Wednesday 29 October 2003 07:48, Roland Schulz wrote:
> > > But than this C++ subclass has to be
> > > wrapped. So we have to do some work in sip, and than I
> > > don't see I point to not doing it directly in sip.
> >
> > I think that, if we can use a PyKPanelApplet-style approach,
> > then we can avoid sip.

> I finally understand what you (and probably Jim) mean!! But in
> the case of PyKPanelApplet the Python classes are subclasses
> of PyKPanelApplet and not KPanelApplet. Why? Could this be
> done different for the designer lib?

I subclassed KPanelApplet so that I could add a destructor which
would "finalize" the Python interpreter (the assumption was one
interpreter instance per applet, which is true when you start an
applet *in* a session, but isn't true when kicker launches
multiple applets when starting a new session).

I'm thinking of removing the PyKPanelApplet class altogether - it
makes building a little cleaner and gets rid of one lib (I
think).

Jim