[PyKDE] QWMatrix bugs -- actually a documentation bug

myrkraverk at users.sourceforge.net myrkraverk at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 2 20:53:01 BST 2003

Hi again,

Sorry to bother you all with this, I found the bug, it's in the
example on the weg page, not a Qt bug, but a documentation bug.  I
hope Trolltech will fix this, right now should do it ;)

myrkraverk at users.sourceforge.net writes:
 > Your right -- and wrong.  There is a * operator in the Qt class, it is
 > just not documented very well, the only reference to it in the docs is
 > in the following example from qwmatrix.html:
 >
 >   double a    = pi/180 * 25;         // convert 25 to radians
 >   double sina = sin(a);
 >   double cosa = cos(a);
 >   QWMatrix m1(0, 0, 0, 0, 10, -20);  // translation matrix
 >   QWMatrix m2( cosa, sina,           // rotation matrix
 >               -sina, cosa, 0, 0 );
 >   QWMatrix m3(1.2, 0, 0, 0.7, 0, 0); // scaling matrix
 >   QWMatrix m;
 >   m = m3 * m2 * m1;                  // combine all transformations
 >
 > Unfortunately, the * doesn't seem to work, after running the above
 > code (with enaugh mods to make it compile), m is the zero matrix ;(

In the above code it should be QWMatrix m1( 1, 0, 0, 1, 10, -20 ) and
not zeros for all four values.

--
Microsoft? Never heard of 'em.