[PyKDE] PyKDE-3.8rc2

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Sep 4 22:55:00 BST 2003

Apparently I killed SourceForge. I ftp'd PyKDE-3.8rc2 to
SourceForge, but before I could get it onto the PyKDE page,
SourceForge went down.

As soon as they get back up, I'll move it over to the correct
location. There are a few minor changes from rc1 to rc2 (major
changes for those who couldn't build rc1). Some linkers didn't
like the circular reference between a couple libs, so I fixed
that. Also, some people are having trouble with qxembed.sip - I
seem to recall this happening in the past also, so I've
commented out qxembed.sip in kdeui-kde*.sip. If you really need
it and it builds for you, you can just uncomment it in the
kdeui-kde*.sip that corresponds to your PyKDE version. It's the
last line in the list of %Include stmts.

There are (again) a few changes to build.py, but probably nothing
major there either. If rc1 built and installed for you, there
isn't any reason to get this release. The final release will be
out this weekend or early next week, and (hopefully) won't
differ at all from rc2.

Jim