[PyKDE] KTrader woes?

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Sep 10 22:36:01 BST 2003

On Wednesday September 10 2003 12:23, Sundance wrote:
> I'm prodding at the under-the-hood niftiness that makes KDE's
> beauty and strength, using the Python bindings, but so far
> I've not had much success, I am sorry to report.

> For example, this code:

> from kio import *
> offer = KTrader.self().query("text/html")

> ... causes Python to segfault.

It returns a 7 item list here (exact same code as above in a
KApplication). Can you provide a *short*, complete example
program that segfaults on this?

There are a couple of programs in examples/ that use KTrader
(pyParts.py, pyParts_1.py don't work too well at the moment
though). If you run examples/mimetype.py, the OfferList tab
results are from a KTrader call -- does that work? You can
modify the KTrader call in that program to try 'text/html'.

Jim