[PyKDE] QLCDNumber color/style

Doug Bell dougb at bellz.org
Thu Sep 18 13:03:01 BST 2003

Tony Cappellini wrote:
> Would someone point me to an example on how to change the look of a
> QLCDNumber widget ?  I would like to change the color, and perhaps
> make it bold, or just easier to read.  The grey is hard to see at a
> distance.
>
> Is it even possible to change the colors on this widget ?

To make it more readable, try either

    QLCDNumber.setSegmentStyle(QLCDNumber.Filled) or
    QLCDNumber.setSegmentStyle(QLCDNumber.Flat)

The filled option has a nice highlight, but still looks grey at small
sizes.  Flat has no highlight, so it is dark at any size.

For an example, see <http://bellz.org/rpcalc/>.

I've never tried chnaging the color, but I assume you could call
QWidget.setPalette(...) like any other widget.

Doug.