[PyKDE] QTextEdit and clickable links

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Mon Sep 29 02:09:01 BST 2003

Hello people,

Is there any way to have clickable links in a QTextEdit?

By peeking at Psi's sources, I determined that to make Qt check for
links under the mouse pointer, you have to overload a linksEnabled()
method to have it return TRUE. Only, this method is private in
QTextEdit's code, and overloading it in Python doesn't seem to produce
anything. (It is never called on my Python object).

Is there any way to do it that I may not be aware of?

Thanks in advance. If at all possible, I'd really like to avoid using
QTextBrowser, because I will potentially be displaying a huge number of
lines, and QTextBrowser would be way overkill.

(If it worked in LogText mode, it would be even better!)

-- S.