[PyKDE] PyKDE update

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Mon Sep 29 15:10:00 BST 2003

On September 29, 2003 01:38 am, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> The next release will also support KDE 3.1.4. That's already done
> too, and doesn't have any major changes affecting PyKDE. Current
> releases will probably build against KDE 3.1.4 as is.

Good news. I've recently upgraded my machine from Debain testing to unstable,
including the default gcc from 2.95 to 3.3 but keeping KDE 3.1.4 from
kde.org/stable and I haven't recompiled sip/PyQT/PyKDE yet. I'll let you know
if I encounter any problems.

> I've also test-generated PyKDE3.2alpha1 and fixed a few problems
> with my sip file generator. I won't be releasing a PyKDE version
> for PyKDE3.2 until I can get KDE3.2 binaries to install and test
> against - compiling KDE from source just looks too
> time-consuming at the moment.

Use Konstruct. Also the first KDE 3.2 alpha had quite a few compile problems
which I couldn't figure out, but the second KDE 3.2 alpha compiled fine.

Ciao,
Gordon