[PyKDE] Error building Eric on mandrake 10, kde 3.2

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Apr 2 17:45:00 BST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 1. April 2004 19:39 schrieb Phil Thompson:
> On Thursday 01 April 2004 6:22 pm, Chris Kacoroski wrote:
> > On Thursday 01 April 2004 09:05 am, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> > > What kind of support are you looking for. If it's just syntax
> > > highlighting, it will be in as soon as QScintilla has a lexer for
> > > it.
> > >
> > > Detlev

> > Detlev,
> >
> > Do you ever sleep!  I am looking for highlighting and if possible
> > debugger support (it would be heaven with remote debugger support,
> > but I rarely use that).
> >
> > Hmm, I checked and Scintilla has a lexer for perl.  I wonder if I
> > could take the QScintilla python lexer and modify it a bit to become
> > a perl lexer as the underlying Scintilla code already exists.  What
> > do you think.
>
> It's mainly down to me to add a high level API in QScintilla to the
> existing Scintilla lexer. I'll add it to the next version - which will
> be sooner, rather than later.

This means, that the 3.5 development tree will see Perl lexer support.

Perl debugger support will only be possible, if somebody implements a
debugger for perl that is compatible with eric's debugger protocol.
Unfortunately I am not familiar with perl. Maybe this would be task for
you, Chris.

Regards,
Detlev
--