[PyKDE] eric3.3.1 - autoindent doesn't work

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 19:18:01 BST 2004

On Friday 02 April 2004 4:40 pm, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 1. April 2004 19:21 schrieb Piotr Kalinowski:
> > Dnia czw 1. kwietnia 2004 19:11, Detlev Offenbach napisał:
> > > What exactly is not working? If you are missing autoindentation
> > > after a line ending in ':', then you won't find it in eric 3.3.1. In
> > > eric 3.4 this will be possible.
> >
> > Oh. Thanks for info. I'm looking forward to version 3.4 But even now
> > eric is piece of very good software - keep up the good work :)
>
> Thanks, I'll try.
>
> > > If autoindentation isn't working for lines
> > > following an indented line, then this would be a bug. In the later
> > > case I would need detailed information because over here it is
> > > working ok.
> >
> > No - that's working fine :) Btw: indenting after ':' will be
> > implemented. What about unindenting the line containing else: or
> > elif:, like vim does?
>
> Autoindentation is implemented inside QScintilla. The requested
> functionality would be a feature request for QScintilla. Maybe Phil is
> reading this and will respond.

And to pass the buck on further :) I make a point of not changing behaviour
that is implemented within Scintilla itself - only in the high-level
interface I've built on top of Scintilla. If the behaviour you see is also
exhibited by Scite (www.scintilla.org) then it's a feature. If Scite does
what you expect then it's a bug in QScintilla and I'll fix it.