[PyKDE] Installing pyKDE, build error message.

Steven Robson s.a.robson at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Apr 8 00:46:01 BST 2004

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 23:30, Piotr Kalinowski wrote:
> Generally - this is wrong version of PyQt. For versions above 3.9, old
> method of obtaining version number ceise to work and require few
> modifications. Here you need to add base argument to int, so it would look
> like:
>
> self.minor = str (int (self.versNum [4:6], 16))
>
> Regards,

Thanks for that, but now I have another error:

An internal error occured.  Review the installation documentation or
report all the output from the program, including the traceback,
to the PyKDE mailing list: <pykde at mats.imk.fraunhofer.de>. Thanks.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build.py", line 1038, in ?
    main (sys.argv)
  File "build.py", line 990, in main
    dis.sanity (Release, opts)
  File "build/discover.py", line 724, in sanity
    raise DiscoverError, msg % (self.sipBin.vers, "this", base)
discover.DiscoverError: sip version (3.1) not compatible with this version
(3.8)

My sip version was found as follows:

sr at polaris:~/installing/PyKDE-3.8.0$ sip -V
3.10.1 (3.10.1-192)
sr at polaris:~/installing/PyKDE-3.8.0$

Is there something else I could modify to correct this problem?

Many thanks again,

Steven