[PyKDE] Eric3 on Debian Sid (broken?)

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Mon Apr 12 22:18:00 BST 2004

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 12:00:00PM -0400, Josh Gilbert wrote:
> Ah, that got it. For those searching the archives, I was using the wrong
> package for "qt". Instead of libqt3c102, I used python2.3-qt3.
>
> If the maintainer of Eric3 is out there, could you please put somewhere on
> your page the Debian packages required to run Eric3? Debian has a lot of
> packages for qt, its not a very useful description.
>
> For completeness, I installed the following since my last email;
> from sid:
> python-sip-qt3

In fact, in a moment of perfect stability of the Debian repository (ie,
not now), you should only need to install one package:

  python-qtext

Which triggers the next dependence cascade:

  python-qtext
    > python2.3-qtext
        > libqscintilla3
	> libqt3c102-mt
	> python2.3
	> python2.3-qt3
	    > python2.3-sip-qt3

python-sip-qt3 just depends on python2.3-sip-qt3 (as Python 2.3 is the
default Python right now). Installing the latter meets the dependency
needs. Installing the former, you also get pythonX.Y-sip-qt3 for free
when Python X.Y gets default on Debian.