[PyKDE] Eric questions

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Apr 13 19:37:00 BST 2004

Am Sonntag, 11. April 2004 12:32 schrieb Phil Thompson:
> On Sunday 11 April 2004 12:59 pm, jul wrote:
> > Hi again,
> > Well, concerning my v3.4 install problem, I've looked a bit
> > further...
> >
> > I've found that the "PixmapCache.py" module calls the
> > "QPixmap.fromMimeSource" function from the 'qt' module.
> > The QPixmap class exists in my qt.py module, but doesn't have the
> > 'fromMimeSource' attribute....
> >
> > The qt.py header indicates that the module was generated by SIP 3.10
> > which seems to be recent enough...
> > I don't understand why the file wasn't generated correctly.
> > Hope it helps.
> >
> > Regards,
> > ++
> > Jul.
> >
> > jul wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have few questions about Eric3:
> > >
> > > 1) I've installed  the last eric3 version (3.4.1)  but the
> > > following error is  raised on launch :
> > > ================================================================
> > > $ eric3
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >   File
> > > "/usr/local/CDAT/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3/eric3.py", line
> > > 147, in ?
> > >     main()
> > >   File
> > > "/usr/local/CDAT/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3/eric3.py", line
> > > 132, in main
> > >     mw = UserInterface(loc, splash)
> > >   File
> > > "/usr/local/CDAT/lib/python2.3/site-packages/UI/UserInterface.py",
> > > line 138, in __init__
> > >   File
> > > "/usr/local/CDAT/lib/python2.3/site-packages/UI/PixmapCache.py",
> > > line 44, in getPixmap
> > >   File
> > > "/usr/local/CDAT/lib/python2.3/site-packages/UI/PixmapCache.py",
> > > line 32, in getPixmap
> > > AttributeError: fromMimeSource
> > > Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
> > > ================================================================
> > > Actually, I use the following versions :
> > >     - Python 2.3.3
> > >     - QT 3.0.5
> > >     - PyQT 3.11
> > >     - QScintilla 1.2
> > >     - SIP 3.10.1
>
> It looks like Detlev has (accidentally?) added a dependency on Qt
> v3.1.

The introduction of QPixmap.fromMimeSource was done intentionally.
Unfortunately I wasn't aware, that it was added in Qt 3.1. The Qt API
documantation doesn't say, when a specific method/function was
introduced. I think I have to update the dependancy checks and the eric
web site.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach