[PyKDE] QSettings problem

Vicent Mas uvep at ono.com
Sun Apr 18 21:55:01 BST 2004

Hi,
I'm trying to use QSettings.setPath method for configuring my application but
it seems to be completely ignored. For instance, this simple script:

#!/usr/bin/env python

from qt import *

c = QSettings()
c.setPath('MyCompany.com', 'MyApplication')
c.writeEntry('/Look/currentStyle', 'Platinum')

creates the file $HOME/.qt/lookrc with content:
[General]
CurrentStyle=Windows

If I add a search path with insertSearchPath, let's say $HOME/test, then I get
a $HOME/test/lookrc file, with the same content as before

I've revised this mailing list archives looking for a solution, but  with no
success. What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Share what you know, learn what you don't