[PyKDE] New PyKDE Release (alpha6) and Killing PyKDE 3.8

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Apr 23 20:08:30 BST 2004

On Friday April 23 2004 03:34, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:

> On Friday 23 April 2004 08:54, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> > I'll be mailing PyKDE-3.11alpha6 to Phil shortly. In
> > addition to testing on SuSE and RH, a build on Mandrake 9.2
> > is nearly done without any problems.

> I have attached a minor patch to configure.py of alpha5
> related to a c&p error, please apply.

> A build on SuSE 9.0 against KDE 3.1.4 ran successfully (with
> only one additional SuSE related patch to kfileshare.sip
> (supplied for reference).

Arggh! I know which problem this is - it occurs because my
KDE3.1.4 SuSE rpms are different than the rest of the world's
for some reason. Mine have an extra arg to one method call.

> A build on SuSE 9.1-x86_64-beta4 against KDE 3.2.1 was
> successfully (only a symlink was missing: ln -s kde320
> extra/kde321 ;-)

alpha6 has that and the kde322 directory too.

> Both builds work like a charm.. PyKDE is back in town!
> <Hurray>

> To Phil: sorry for my continous bothering. Obviously Jim was
> able to fix those type error issues without touching sip.

If you're referring to stuff like KConfigSkeletonItem, there seem
to be some problems building on at least one person's Slackware
install, and I haven't tested it yet :(

I'll write some test code as soon as I can.

Thanks for the patches. They'll go in the next release (probably
towards the end of next week - I'd like to collect a few more
bugs first).

Jim